CAESARSTONE Limited 10 Year Concetto Warranty
Caesarstone Canada Inc. warrants from the original date of installation material from the Concetto Line that fails due to any manufacturing defect when fabricated and installed by a Caesarstone Authorized Fabricator.
This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of failed material that has been permanently installed in the interior of a single‐family residence. The option to repair or replace the material is at the sole discretion of Caesarstone Canada Inc.
This Limited Ten (10) Year Concetto Warranty is available only to the original owner of a single family residence in which Caesarstone has been originally installed. In the case of a newly constructed single-family residence, this warranty is available to the "first" owner purchasing the residence with Caesarstone permanently installed and is transferable according to the terms and conditions stated below. This warranty applies to product that was installed after April 1st, 2013.
Terms and Conditions
This warranty applies to Caesarstone Concetto surfacing products that were installed after July 1, 2008.
A. This warranty applies only to Caesarstone Concetto surfacing materials and does not apply to any other products, including other surfacing products manufactured or supplied by any other party, except Caesarstone Canada Inc.
B. This warranty applies only to Caesarstone Concetto surfacing materials that have been permanently installed in the interior of residences and have not been moved from their original installation. If during or after installation the homeowner decides that he/she does not like the color or finish selected, that decision is not covered under this warranty.
C. This warranty does not apply to any residence where the owner is not the occupant.
D. This warranty does not apply to materials and/or services that have not been paid in full.
E. This warranty applies only to materials that have been maintained according to the Caesarstone Care & Maintenance guidelines. Care & Maintenance guidelines are available at www.caesarstone.ca . These may be revised from time to time as new products for care come on the market.
F. To request service under this warranty, please contact the company from which the Caesarstone Concetto was purchased within thirty (30) days of the failure of Caesarstone quartz surfacing materials.
G. Following installation, the Concetto surfacing product must be registered within thirty (30) days in order to activate the Limited Ten (10) Year Concetto Warranty. To register, simply complete the easy‐to use online form at https://www.caesarstone.ca. In the event that no record of the warranty is on file, the homeowner must provide proof of purchase in the form of a copy of the original receipt or invoice showing the name of the owner, authorized dealer and Caesarstone certified fabricator. The owner must agree to cooperate with Caesarstone Canada Inc. or its authorized agents in the inspection of the product and also must assist the company in its efforts to perform its obligations under this warranty. Caesarstone Canada Inc. will seek to obtain the best possible result whether we decide to repair or replace the installation; however, exact color match is not guaranteed.
H. This warranty is transferable under the following conditions: The original or first owner must have initially registered the warranty with Caesarstone as specified above. The original or first owner must submit to Caesarstone in writing the name, address and phone number of the new owner. The new owner will receive a prorated 10-year limited warranty, which is prorated from the original date of installation. In no event will the transferred warranty exceed ten (10) years from the date of the original installation.
I. In the event that Caesarstone quartz surfacing materials fail due to a manufacturing defect, Caesarstone will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace such materials. Caesarstone will seek to obtain the best possible result, whether we decide to repair or replace your installation. However, exact color match is never guaranteed. All decisions regarding this warranty are at the sole discretion of Caesarstone Canada. Inc. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator or any other person is authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of Caesarstone Canada Inc. with respect to Concetto surfacing products.
This warranty does not cover:
1. This warranty does not cover use for any commercial purposes. Commercial use includes but is not limited to, use in a store, rental properties, office or any other place of business.
2. This warranty does not cover product installation in any outdoor application.
3. This warranty does not cover product use as flooring material.
4. This warranty does not cover damage that is the result of improper use or abuse. Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to, mishandling of the product; exposure to excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions; physical or chemical abuse; and improper care and maintenance.
5. This warranty does not cover chips or other impact damage. Chips are caused by excessive impact to the product.
6. This warranty does not cover labor to remove, fabricate and/or reinstall Caesarstone Concetto, or other similar activities necessary to complete the replacement or removal of the defective material.
7. This warranty does not cover scratches. Concetto is a very hard surface material that is highly scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Proper care must be exercised including consistent use of a cutting board as part of your care and maintenance.
8. This warranty does not cover routine maintenance. Routine maintenance includes, but is not limited to,minor conditions such as removing stains and water spots by following the techniques specified in the Caesarstone online Care & Maintenance guidelines at www.caesarstone.ca
9. This warranty does not cover failures due to fabricators/installers not following the prescribed fabrication and installation procedures as outlined by Caesarstone Canada Inc. Improper fabrication and/ or installation is the sole responsibility of the fabricator and/or installer.
10. This warranty does not cover any defects that were visible at the time of fabrication and were not avoided during fabrication. Fabricators are required to perform a visual inspection of all materials prior to fabrication and again prior to installation.
11. This warranty does not cover seam appearance or seam performance, adhesives, caulk or other accessory items. Once the product is installed, the two main reasons for seam separation or cracking are the shifting or movement of the substrate, cabinets or foundation and thermal shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot pan, dish or other receptacle or object is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets or hot pads should always be used. These issues are not considered material defects and are subject to proper care and maintenance by
12. This warranty does not cover any chemical damage.
13. This warranty does not cover any creative use of the material such as, but not limited to, bending or curving.
14. This warranty does not cover material that has been milled or reduced in thickness.
15. This warranty does not cover the installation of sinks.
16. This warranty does not cover securing mechanical fasteners directly into the material.
17. This warranty does not cover any failures due to inadequate support for the installation. This includes overhangs in excess of the recommendations provided by Caesarstone Canada Inc.
18. This warranty does not cover any chips or cracks that are a result of “dry” cutting or polishing.
19. This warranty does not cover chips or cracks that are a result of not following the minimum requirements for edge details.
20. This warranty does not cover mitered edges where the joint is not cut correctly.
21. This warranty does not cover the altering of any factory‐applied finish. Any issues arising from the practice of “in‐shop” honing are the sole responsibility of the fabricator.
22. This warranty does not cover additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring, etc. that may be necessary to repair or replace the Caesarstone Concetto product covered under this warranty.
23. This warranty does not cover natural variations in the color, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or other semi‐precious stones or the natural variations in background tone. These characteristics are inherent and unique characteristics of the product. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and may vary upon installation.
24. This warranty does not cover “spots” or “blemishes” relative to the matrix of the colour. A certain amount of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.
Caesarstone Canada materials contain important product information on the back of each slab, and removing this product information will void the warranty. Caesarstone Canada Inc. is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural/engineering design, structural movement, and acts of vandalism or accidents. Caesarstone Canada Inc. shall not be responsible in either contract or tort for any loss of direct, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use or the inability to use the products covered by this warranty. Some provinces do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
THE FOREGOING IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR CAESARSTONE AND SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO CAESARSTONE AND CAESARSTONE CANADA INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST UNDER NATIONAL, PROVINCIAL OR LOCAL LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME PROVINCES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty grants specific legal rights, and homeowners may also have other rights which vary from Province to Province.